Everyone wants to save money but it’s usually easier said than done. And let’s face it, you’re only human! When there’s so many tempting things to purchase related to home buying, it’s
Ways To Beat The BacktoSchool Blues
Returning to school after the long summer break can be a challenge for many students. A new term is filled with new challenges, new friends and new experiences.
To make the transition as smooth and stress-free as possible, these simple tips will help beat the back-to-school-blues & have fun in the process!
1. Transitioning back to daily life doesn't have to be stressful. Ease your child back into the school routine by ensuring that they get 8 hours of sleep each night and are ready the busy day ahead, alert and ready to learn.
2. Be excited and focus on the positive. Children are impressionable, they tend to mirror our behavior. If you're excited, they will get excited too. Have them identify three to five things that they are excited about. This could be reuniting with their friends, getting back to their sports events, learning to play a musical instrument, cultural activities, etc.
3. Get some goals together. Get a pen & paper and sit down with your child and identify three goals for the next 6 months. These could be academic, social, sport, or family goals. Hang the goals up where they can be easily seen and revisit them at end of the term. If your child reaches their goals, reward by taking them for a treat, letting them pick out a new school item, or sharing some quality time with you doing something they enjoy.
4. Leave an uplifting note in your child's lunchbox or pencil case for them to find the next day. This is especially for sensitive for youngsters who miss the comfort of their home environment.
5. Be sure and ask your child about their day. Discuss the good, the bad and the ugly. Communication should be your number-one motivational tool. Talk to your children about their experience at school and listen to what they say. Celebrate the good things and chase down any anxieties they might have experienced through the day. It is important to keep lines of communication open and safe for them to express themselves and feel heard.
Latest Blog Posts
Whether you are looking to buy or sell, your credit score can play a major role in your finance approval. By definition, your credit score is a number that reflects your credit worthiness at any
So you have a listing but no interested buyers. Stop wasting time looking for a magic bullet that will sell a hard-to-sell house. There isn’t one single method or marketing campaign that will do